Written May 4, 2016 By Jennifer Keller for wattagnet.com
Originally broadcast on April 19, 2016, Dr. Chris Hurt, Purdue University, and Tom Elam, FarmEcon.com, presented an industry outlook on the supply and demand for poultry and red meats, expected planting acres for corn and soybeans, and pricing forecasts for these commodities.
The presented data was taken from the USDA Prospective Plantings report and the World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates (WADE) report. This was the first webinar in the Poultry Grower Webinar Series for 2016.
Highlights from the “Grain forecast and poultry, beef price outlook for 2016-2017” webinar
- Corn and wheat have abundant world stocks
- 2.5 million less corn acres and 2 million more beans
- 2016 bean prices up 30 cents from 2015 crop. Meal +$15/ton
- Pork growth slowing from rapid 2015 pace
- Chicken and turkey production ramping up
- Cheaper feed = cheaper meat
View this On-Demand webinar in its entirety at http://video.wattagnet.com/RY6q